You’ll need to have strong experience in Amazon Web Services, because you’ll be creating cloud formation templates to build AWS services to support custom Java applications—which means you’ll need to be fluent in Java, too. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. It’ll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
- Build whole stack ELBs to databases, then moving and launching our site at its new home, guiding the team through the entire process.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Lead DevOps Engineer team.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Lead the team through development and operations.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.